Industry Support & Promotion
New-NC State Wood Products Alumni Webpage-June 2013
Take this link to a new website that connects our past graduates of the NCSU Wood Products (Wood Science and Technology) graduates www.outreach.cnr.ncsu.edu/ncwood/web_pages/woodproductsalumni.
Harry Watt Past Project Websites
Past US Forest Service Harry Watt Project Websites-the US Forest Service has funded six wood products support projects that have supporting websites can be found at www.outreach.cnr.ncsu.edu/usfs. These websites contain publications, handouts and the slideshows from supporting seminars and workshops.
University and Government Organizations That Support Wood Products Education
* Wood Education and Resource Center, Princeton, West Virginia-a unit of the US Forest Service that provides educational opportunites and supports grant projects in marketing of wood products and development of biomass energy. The Wood Education website is www.na.fs.fed.us/werc, phone 304-487-1510, Steve Milauskas, Director.
Serveral universities support the wood products industry through its Extension Service programs. Listed below are several wood products specialist who serve the wood products industry in the US:
* North Carolina State University Wood Products Extension. Website www.ces.ncsu.edu/nreos/wood.
Harry Watt, email at email@example.com, cell 704-880-5034.
Phil Mitchell, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 915-515-5581.
* University of Kentucky Wood Products Extension. Website www.ukwoodcenter.net.
F. Carol Fackler, email at email@example.com, phone 606-666-2438.
Bobby Ammerman, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 606-666-2438.
Terry Conners, phone 859-619-9018, email at tconners@uky, web at www.ca.uky.edu/forestry/index.php
* State University of New York, Forestry School, Syracuse, NY.
William B. Smith, email at email@example.com, phone 315-470-6832.
* Virginia Tech University.
Urs Buelhmann, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 540-231-9739.
* Penn State University.
Chuck Ray, email at email@example.com.
* University of Tennessee Wood Products Extension
Brian Bond, phone 865-946-1121, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, web at www.web.utk.edu/~tfpc/extens/extens.htm.
* West Virginia University
Shawn Grushecky, Appalachian Hardwood Center, phone 304-293-9417, email at email@example.com
* Catawba Valley Community College, Hickory, North Carolina.
D.L. Turbyfill, phone 828-327-7000, x4364, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Organizations Involved in Forestry and Wood Products
Cabinetmaker/FDM Magazine-print and online versions that support value added wood products manufacturing, http://www.cabinetmakerfdm.com/
Fordaq.com-an international website that offers business support for forestry and wood products operations-www.fordaq.com
Forest Business Network-a North American website that offers business support for forestry and wood products operations-www.forestbusinessnetwork.com
Independent Sawmill and Woodlot Magazine-offers a print and online edition magazine that supports small sawmill operators and woodlot owners-www.sawmillmag.com.
Non-Profits Supporting Forestry and Wood Products
Western North Carolina Root Cause-a non profit created by Lang Thornthal of Appalachian Designs, http://wncforestproducts.org/root-cause